JULY 6, 2017
Contact: Water/Sewer Business Office at 978-465-4420
Monday, July 10, 2017 Full Road Closure Noon – 3:00 p.m.
• Detour routes will be indicated; police detail on-site.
• Access to Hope Church will be permitted.
Road will reopen at the end of each work day
HALE STREET SEWER FORCE MAIN PAVING
The City of Newburyport, Sewer Division has contracted with N. Granese & Sons to complete Phase 2 of the Hale Street Sewer Force Main Project. Phase 2 consists of grinding and final paving of streets impacted during the 2016 installation of the Hale Street Sewer Force Main.
The following areas will be impacted:
Hale Street from the Comcast Building Station to Low Street
Low Street to Route 1
Graf Road to New Pasture Road
Pond Street from Route 1 to Greenleaf Street
Route 1 from Low Street to Pond Street
Anticipated start date for paving is Tuesday, July 11, 2018 with a projected completion date of Friday, July 21, 2017.
Construction sequence for this project:
• Grind pavement
• Pave final layer
Anticipated construction impacts on residents and businesses:
• Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (When necessary work may extend beyond 3:00 p.m.)
• Noise: construction will require use of an excavator, front-end loader, dump truck, bobcat, and other heavy equipment
• Road closures/Detours (See attached map)
Every effort will be made to not divert industrial park traffic through the residential area
• Parking restrictions
If you have any questions or concerns, call the Water/Sewer Business Office at 978-465-4420.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience.